Written by Ian Gilbert’s 19-year-old ‘dyslexic’ daughter to help with the current debate about what it is and whether it is at all:
10 Things I Love About Being Dyslexic
1. As a mature dyslexic, you’ve learnt that asking for help isn’t a bad thing.
2. Dyslexia pushes you to find other ways of expressing the talents you do have.
3. People are more forgiving if you spell something, reasonably simple, wrong.
4. You learn the true value of “Personal Best”.
5. You learn your weaknesses.
6. You become far more eager to push yourself, because it doesn’t come easy.
7. Your schoolwork is always more colorful.
8. You’ll find that you think very differently in comparison to the people around you. This is a good thing.
9. You learn the lesson that desiring to try and be better than other people is a waste of time.
10. Once you’ve…
View original post 15 more words