shit challenging school I’ve worked in, we’ve been awash with consultants.
Consultants employed by the Local Authority would come in for English, Maths, Science, Design and Technology, ICT, Behaviour and several for Leadership and Management. Each one would expect time with Senior Leaders, in particular to fill out their paperwork to show they were having impact.
The consultants were often out of mainstream teaching for over a decade.
Good advice I can remember any of the consultants giving would be
* to visit a local school who were doing a good job.
Terrible advice or practice consisted of:
* Giving out resources that were sometimes 15 years old, photocopied
* Telling senior teachers how poor the teachers are and that they cannot be rescued
* Telling senior teachers how poor the middle leaders are
* “Joint observing” lessons, usually so that the school can tell OFSTED they’ve “quality…
View original post 539 more words