To those not up to speed:
- Last year I put in a Freedom of Information request to the Dfe for Free School Application Forms & acceptance/rejection letters.
- The DfE turned down my request, twice.
- After an 11-month consideration the Information Commissioner’s Office said, under the rules of the law, the DfE had to release the information.
- This morning I found out the DfE have appealed and are taking the judgement to First Tier Tribunal.
- The involvement of lawyers (way to spend taxpayers money, DfE)
- An additional delay (probably of about 6-9 months)
- By the time I get the information it will be far out of date (*gasp*…could this be the reason for the delay?!)
- All similar requests in the intervening period will be rejected, AND CRUCIALLY
- The public still won’t have access to information for which the ICO ruled there is a “very strong public interest”
View original post 54 more words